Content Writer Job Description:
Early on in an App product’s life cycle, there is one thing that matters the most – rapid user acquisition & growth. The main goal of this role is to generate, nurture and convert leads through informative and engaging content.
In order for Unee-T to acquire user fast, we need to make sure that people have better awareness of the issues around properties and property management. Example of these are:
- As a tenant how can I get my deposit back?
- As the owner of the property how can I make sure that people pay for the damages they cause?
- Why is it so long to have a problem fixed in my property?
- Why it is a problem to manage multiple units.
- Have you ever thought about how real estate professional manage dealing with many different issues in many different units involving many different people?
We also need to make sure that as many people as possible have a good understanding of the problems Unee-T solves. The preferred way to do that is to write user cases and user stories.
The Content Writer is responsible to write these information pieces, user stories and user cases.
Keep in mind that in the context of Unee-T, a “unit” can be an individual flat, a house an office but it can also be a whole development: mall, condo, apartment block, office tower, etc…
The Content Writer’s job has three core components:
- Understand the different aspects and issues that exists in multiple types of properties:
- Residential (house, apartment, etc…)
- Commercial (Office, stores, industrial buildings, etc…)
- Long Term Rent
- Short term or holiday stay
- Owner occupied units or buildings
- Capability to highlight the problems from different perspectives:
- Property Manager
- Real Estate agent or Realtor
- Property owner or landlord
- Contractors (Plumber, electrician, maintenance, etc…)
- Big or small organizations
- Capacity to identify and write pieces related to the problems Unee-T can solve.
We expect content writers to be able to:
- Perform online and on-the-ground primary research for blog posts, articles, guides and other content.
- Have the ability to take complex information and turn it into easy-to-understand copy.
- Create shareable and potentially viral content regularly around the product – such as blogs, e-books,video, infographics, slideshare presentations, social media content, whitepapers & webinars.
- Work with our UX and creative designers to create compelling HTML emails, landing pages, and forms with persuasive copy and imagery for max engagement.
- Work with the marketing team to analyze content performance metrics, such as total attention time, click-through rate and social following growth, and apply those insights to improve existing content and develop better content ideas for the future.
- Use SEO best practices to make sure the content is of the highest quality.
- Actively manage and promote the Unee-T blog and other online resources
- Help us pitch articles and content to relevant third-party platforms and influencers.
- Collaborate with the team to create innovative content ideas.
Our ultimate objective is to increase the number of active Unee-T users.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism or related field.
- Proven ability to write for the web, email and social marketing channels.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are interested in Real Estate and Property Management.
- You are capable to work remotely and independently.
- You are collaborative, have an upbeat work ethic and love taking ownership, learning, and having fun. You love challenges and growth is your true north.
- You have the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- You’re a persuasive storyteller and can craft content to guide audiences to success (whether that’s conversion, engagement, and/or retention). You understand how to engage people, and can create content that can go viral.
- You are a master at putting together nurturing “drip” campaigns, and brilliant at leveraging all available channels including Linked In, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube/Vimeo, Twitter.
- Background in Journalism is definitely a plus.