This is the Job Description for the position of Growth Manager / Growth Hacker for Unee-T in North America.
Please make sure that you have read our Join The Team page, before applying for this position.
- Primary Location: United States of America.
- Reporting to: CEO.
- Travel: Yes, this job requires that the successful candidate travels extensively to attend industry events, meet users and key influencers. This is seen as a key element to successfully grow Unee-T in the region.
Growth Hacker Job Description:
Early on in an App product’s life cycle, there is one thing that matters the most – rapid user acquisition & growth.
Because of its size and because of the high penetration of internet and smartphones, the US is our first target market.
We will use this market a a key test bed which will help us refine our product before we do our worldwide roll out.
This is why we are looking to bring on board more than just an employee.
We are looking for a key member of the management team who will be heavily involved in most of the key strategic decisions that we will have to make as the company grows.
Your challenge is to grow an early stage software product through direct engagement with our beachheads customers (property management companies, real estate professionals), marketing automation, innovative and potentially viral content strategy.
One of your key objectives will be to minimize cost of customer acquisition, maximize virality and accelerate growth.
For more details about the growth manager’s role, see this Harvard Business Review article.
The Growth Manager’s job has three core components:
- Define the company’s growth plan for the region,
- Coordinate and execute growth programs,
- Optimize the revenue funnel.
- Understand the product to create, own and drive lead generation strategy, and establish a candence of rapid experimentation. Identify the most effective and efficient ways to grow user acquisition, both for our free and premium offers.
- Implement innovative marketing startegies with the ultimate goal of increasing engagement, conversion, and user retention for the product.
- Bring an analytical approach to marketing automation and set targets for marketing actions, conduct A/B tests, report on and communicate results to stakeholders (development team and product manager).
- Implement inbound marketing strategies to get visitors to product landing pages, provide them with a reason to visit our service and experience the product.
- Collaborate on effective content marketing strategies and maintain a calendar of content distribution around the product – continuously optimize it for results.
- Develop a model of your customer behavior, and use web analytics to assist, guide and align channel marketing & product management efforts.
- Create shareable and potentially viral content regularly around the product – such as blogs, e-books,video, infographics, slideshare presentations, whitepapers & webinars.
- Work with our UX and creative designers to create compelling HTML emails, landing pages, and forms with persuasive copy and imagery for max engagement.
- Implement & automate email drip campaigns based on specific timelines /milestones or user actions such as product onboarding, abandoned shopping carts, recommendations, renewals, confirmations, engagement, product training, and managing unsubscribes/renewals.
- Define, measure and maintain growth & adoption metrics for the product such as (but not limited to) the following
- Quantitative: Traffic Analysis / User Engagement
- Qualitative: Usability / Session/ Usage Monitoring etc
- Comparative: A/B, Multivariate Testing
- Competitive: Monitoring & Tracking key competitor marketing related activities
- Strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills, proficiency in SQL is a plus
- Experience with A/B testing
- Understanding of what retention metrics are and how to impact them (renewal, churn, engagement).
- Proven ability to write for the web, email and social marketing channels.
- Core understanding of subscription products and self-service sales is preferred.
- Ability to set up end-to-end tracking of customers journey through the campaigns, experience with various web analytics engines such as Google Analytics , Heap, Hotjar etc.
- Experience in working in a startup and/or in fast paced, rapidly changing environment is key.
- Ability to wireframe campaign emails, write the copy, design and code the email on email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, Sendgrid, Marketing Cloud.
- University’s Degree.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are collaborative, have an upbeat work ethic and love taking ownership, learning, and having fun. You love challenges and growth is your true north.
- You thrive in an environment where there are constrained resources, and product/market fit is just being established.
- You can determine an area of meaningful improvement, Forecast the improvement to the bottom line, devise a marketing strategy to test hypothesis and execute on that strategy. You can use data analytics to evaluate results and finally automate this process for ongoing success.
- You have great communication & people skills.
- You love working in small and very high performance teams, you embrace ambiguity and thrive on it.
- You have deep understanding of how people flow online and the online distribution value chain.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to use data to gain insights and drive decisions.
- You’re a persuasive storyteller and can craft content to guide audiences to success (whether that’s conversion, engagement, and/or retention). You understand how to engage people, and can create content that can go viral.
- You are a master at putting together nurturing “drip” email campaigns, and brilliant at leveraging all available channels including Linked In, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube/Vimeo, Twitter.