This is effective from: 01/05/2018.
Latest Update to: 08/06/2018.
Please make sure to read our Privacy and Terms first.
- The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP),
- The Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPC),
- The Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA).
We do not sell, rent or loan any identifiable information regarding our customers to any third party. We handle all information you give us with the utmost care and security.
Who we are
Unee-T Pte Ltd is registered in Singapore UEN: 201717325E.
Our main website address is: https://unee-t.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We are collecting the following data in order to be able to perform the Service:
- email address: this act as your login and allows us to send you notifications about changers to a case.
- Your relationship to the unit that you are associated with: we need this to route cases to you without sharing your email address with other users.
Optionally we might collect the following additional data:
- First and last name: so we can display these to other users instead of your email address.
- Phone number
- The address of the property(ies) or units you are associated with
- Your profile picture
- Any message that you have added to a case
- Any attachment that you have added to a case or inspection report
- An image of your signature each time you endorse an Inspection Report
We process your personal data under the following legal bases:
Performance of a contract with you
We process your personal data to perform our obligations under the Service Terms applicable to the product or service you are using. Our Service Terms are available at Privacy and Terms.
We process your personal data if you have consented to the processing activity. You may revoke your consent at any time. Doing so will bar us from further processing of your personal data based on your consent, but will not impact the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before it was withdrawn. Some of the features of our products and services might be only available based on consent.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you fill a contact form to contact our support team, we will keep these data for 2 years after you have deleted your account with Unee-T. Support data will not be used for marketing purposes.
See our Cookies Policy for more information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Organizations who help us to provide our products and services
We work with a number of third-party suppliers and service providers. Many of these organizations process personal data in order to provide products or services to us or on our behalf. See the third-party data sharing list for more details.
These organizations are bound by the terms of this privacy notice and they are also required to comply with our data protection policies. They are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
International data transfers
Some of the third parties we work with have operations in countries outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area. Before your personal data is transferred outside of these regions, we implement at least one of the following safeguards:
- We check whether the personal data is being transferred to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission. You can see the list of adequate countries here.
- Where we use third parties based in the United States, we check if they have signed up to the Privacy Shield framework. This framework requires signatories to provide a similar level of protection to personal data as would be the case if the personal data remained within the European Union or European Economic Area.
- We may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection as it has in the European Union and European Economic Area.
- If we are unable to apply any of the first three safeguards, we will try to contact you to ask for your consent before we transfer your personal data.
Other situations that may require us to share your personal data
We will share your personal data if we are required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority. For example, we may have to share your personal data for the detection or prevention of crime, fraud or money laundering, or to allow a regulator to investigate a complaint you have submitted to them.
We will share your personal data if we need to do so to protect our business interests, such as to enforce the terms of a contract, pursue an overdue debt or defend our legal rights.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. This might involve transferring customer information to the person buying the businesses. If this happens, the new owner will be bound by the terms of this privacy notice.
Occasionally, we may need to share your data to protect the rights of other organizations or people. In these cases, we will try to contact you to seek your consent first.